Smoked Bittersweet Paprika
What is Smoked Bittersweet Paprika La Vera?
Bittersweet Paprika La Vera is a type of powdered spice with a flavor between spicy and sweet. Bittersweet paprika from La Vera is made using a traditional method by drying with oak or oak smoke. Therefore, it is considered a natural smoked paprika, but in this case bittersweet.
Bittersweet paprika differs from the other types of paprika from La Vera due to its slightly spicy touch. This mild spiciness is given by the dried and ripe peppers of the La Vera region (Cáceres) that are used in its preparation, a variety called Jaranda and Jariza, which are previously ground.
If you are one of the dishes with light hints of spice, the sweet and sour paprika from La Vera will be the perfect condiment. But if you are looking for a sweet paprika, a hotter paprika or another type of spice, check our catalog.
Characteristics smoked Bittersweet Paprika powder La Vera
La Vera smoked bottersweet paprika has a smoky flavor and aroma. This smoking is given by the drying process that the peppers undergo for the sweet and sour paprika. While its characteristic reddish color is a consequence of the high degree of carotene fixation that it produces during its cultivation.
The peppers used are the Jaranda and Jariza varieties, types of peppers that offer that spicy flavor, but light and pleasant. Jaranda is also used for sweet peppers and Jariza for hot peppers. These peppers are found in a very privileged microclimate for their natural development next to the Tiétar river.
Unlike Hungarian paprika, Spanish paprika powder has softer, sweeter and smoker nuances.
Our smoked sweet and sour paprika is part of the Protected Designation of Origin Paprika La Vera. This means that it is a product of recognized quality in all its processes, from the selection and drying of the pepper to its manufacture and packaging in Las Hermanas.
Las Hermanas is the most recognized brand of the Denomination of Origin Paprika La Vera
Las Hermanas is the gourmet brand of paprika from La Vera with the most national and international recognition. It is a company dedicated exclusively to the manufacture and packaging of Paprika from La Vera.
Las Hermanas monitors and controls both the pepper cultivation and the paprika production process. That is why it is endorsed with the Paprika de La Vera Protected Designation of Origin certification.
Bittersweet paprika and its production process
Bittersweet paprika is made through a natural process that we will see below:
1. Selection of the best red peppers of the Jaranda and Jariza variety, which are the ones that will provide the bittersweet flavor.
2. These peppers are smoked, that is, they go through a smoke-drying process through oak or oak wood to achieve a color, aroma and characteristic flavor of sweet and sour paprika. This process is carried out in two-storey dryers. On the lower floor, the wooden grating is inserted to give way to the smoke, while the peppers are placed on the upper floor.
3. The smoking of the peppers will depend on the size and humidity of the atmosphere. The smoking process can last up to 12 days, and will be finished when the peppers are completely dry.
4. Once the Jaranda and Jariza red peppers have been smoked, they will proceed to grind. Traditionally it was done manually with mortars, today it is done mechanically.
Buy smoked bittersweet paprika from La Vera Las Hermanas online with FREE shipping throughout Europe
Do you live in a city in Europe? Are you looking but can't find paprika from La Vera? Gastronomic Spain can help you.
Thanks to its online store with the different varieties of La Vera peppers and its delivery service throughout Europe, you can enjoy your dishes seasoned with an excellent flavor.
In addition, you will also be able to savor many other typical products of Spanish gastronomy such as Iberian ham or traditional snacks. Shipments will be totally FREE with orders over € 79.99 or € 89.99, depending on the country.
Take advantage of this opportunity to savor the Spanish pleasure again!
70 gr. net weight
Paprika La Vera Las Hermanas
- 70 gr
- bittersweet cayenne
- According to the EU regulation 1169/2011 no allergens contained.
- taric code
- net weight
- WITH GLUTEN
- GLUTEN FREE
- VEGAN PRODUCT
- VEGETARIAN PRODUCT
- Las Hermanas