Iberico 100% Ham Pata Negra Guijuelo
Iberico 100% Ham Pata Negra Guijuelo: the best of the best.
Our Iberico 100% Ham Pata Negra Guijuelo is an unequalled Iberian ham. It comes from 100% Iberian pigs and is part of the Denominación de Origen Protegida de Guijuelo (DOP Guijuelo). This ham is cured for 48 months in the Nieto Martín cellars.
It is a ham with many nuances, the result of the purity of the Iberian breed and its slow maturation. If you were looking for a ham with these characteristics, Gastronomic Spain is your perfect online shop to buy it with FREE shipping throughout Europe.
Iberico 100% Ham Pata Negra Guijuelo: what it is and its characteristics
If you were looking for an extraordinary ham, with perfect characteristics and incredible flavour, you have found it: Iberico 100% bellota Ham Guijuelo (Jamón Bellota 100% Ibérico Guijuelo), also known as Pata Negra ham.
Our Iberico 100% bellota ham is among the best Pata Negra hams that we have at Gastronomic Spain, you can check the different products and formats available here.
It is a Pata Negra ham that stands out thanks to:
- This ham is made of a selected breed of 100% Iberian pigs, which have lived in the wild and have been fed purely on acorns. For this reason, they are also called Jamón Puro Bellota (Pure Acorn Ham).
- It is produced in Nieto Martín, a company specialized in the production of Iberian cured ham, located in Guijuelo and protected by the Denominación de Origen Protegida of Guijuelo, Salamanca.
- Is a Spanish product of the highest quality, perfect for significant gifts or special moments, such as Christmas or in the company.
- It has been cured for 48 months.
Apart from the specific characteristics of the ham and Iberian pigs, account must be taken of the whole curing process, the climate and the traceability required for these products to form part of the Denominación de Origen Protegida (DOP) de Guijuelo.
- Curing: at an altitude of over 1,000 metres with constant cold winds. This ham is exposed to drying for longer than other Denominación de Origen Protegida (DOP) hams.
- Climate: long winters (cold and dry), combined with the mountain winds that allow the ham to require less salt for curing and to express its natural flavour better.
- Traceability: guarantees the Denominación de Origen Protegida (DOP) through specific conditions: visits to the animals in the field, collection of samples, control inspection at all stages of production and audits.
How to conserve the Iberico 100% Ham Pata Negra Guijuelo (Jamón Bellota 100% Ibérico Guijuelo)
Once you have the Iberico 100% Ham Pata Negra in its respective ham holder, you must put it in a fresh and dry place.
When we start the ham, we must remove the fat from the surface and when we finish cutting slices, we will cover the surface of the cut with the fat we removed previously to avoid oxidation and drying of the ham.
It is advisable to consume at room temperature between 20º-24º C.
6/7.5 kg. net weight (approximate)
Whole ham leg
Denominación de Origen Protegida de Guijuelo
- 7,5 kg.
- Acorn-fed Iberian ham (100%), salt, anti-caking agent (E-535), dextrose, antioxidant (E-331), preservatives (E-252, E-250)
- Of the products contemplated in the decree 1169/2011 of the EU does not contain any.
- taric code
- black cloth sack
- net weight
- 7 kg.
- WITH GLUTEN
- GLUTEN FREE
- Nieto Martin