The Pumpkin Chorizo is an exquisite from Extremadura. It is similar to a classic chorizo and made with pork meats and pumpkin puree. The Pumpkin light Chorizo has the characteristic taste of a chorizo together with the sweetness of the pumpkin.
What is pumpkin chorizo?
Pumpkin chorizo is a type of Spanish cold meat, it’s equally traditional and innovative. This pumpkin chorizo es made with pork bacon, pumpkin and Pimentón de la Vera with Designation of Origin, as well as other spices.
It’s a unique product which undergoes a maturation-drying process of between 25 and 30 days to obtain a product of excellent qualities, exquisite texture, unique aroma and impeccable flavor.
Pumpkin chorizo Origin
Pumpkin chorizo is a typical dish from Las Hurdes region, located in Extremadura. Its origin dates back to the XVIII century, when in times of shortage, meat was substituted by pumpkin.
Since then, pumpkin chorizo has become a very important dish on holidays and celebrations in Caceres and Badajoz, as well as inf the Spanish gastronomy.
Pumpkin Chorizo Ingredients:
Pork meat and fat, pumpkin, potato, paprika D.O.P. de la Vera, dextrose, dextrin, emulsifiers (E-450i, E-450 iii, E-452i), sugar, salt, pork meat protein, antioxidant E-331iii, preservatives (E-252, E-250), onion , garlic and oregano, coloring E-160C. Narrow bovine casing
GLUTEN FREE product.
Pumpkin Chorizo Characteristics:
• It’s a product made mainly with pork bacon and pumpkin.
• It’s typical in the Extremadura region, but it also stands out in the border areas such as Avila.
• It has a great quality and nutritional properties.
• Rich in protein, iron, potassium and vitamins B3 and B2, among others.
• It stands out in modern cuisine for being a versatile product.
• Our pumpkin chorizo is made in Embutidos Nejosa, it comes in a string of 320 gr. approximate and vacuum packed.
Embutidos Nejosa and its Delicious pumpkin chorizo
The pumpkin chorizo available in Gastronomic Spain belongs to Embutidos Nejosa, a family business founded in the 80’s in Jaríz de la Vera, town in the north of Extremadura, specifically in the province of Caceres.
Embutidos Nejosa began selling the best meats from animals raised by themselves and they manufacture in a traditional way their cold meats. Today, they continue to offer the best cold meat with an incredible experience and great quality. Up to 3 generations have been in charge of continuing the family business.
Purchase Pumpkin Chorizo at great price in the best store of typical chorizos from Spain.
Pumpkin chorizo is a delicious product. It’s very similar to a fresh chorizo, it’s made with a mixture of pumpkin puree and pork meats, it has the characteristic flavor of the chorizo and the sweetness of the pumpkin.
If you are looking for other types of Spanish chorizo, we have everything you want. You can find it here.
Purchasing pumpkin chorizo is possible thanks to Gastronomic Spain online store. Thousands of products typical of the Spanish gastronomy available in our catalogue, also with free shipping to all Europe. Can you ask for anything else?
Enjoy a good Spanish dish as if you were in Spain. Surprise your friends and prepare a dinner the Spanish way.
320 gr. Net weight (aproximate)
Format: whole piece
- 320 gr
- Pork meat and fat, pumpkin, potato, paprika D.O.P. de la Vera, dextrose, dextrin, emulsifiers (E-450i, E-450 iii, E-452i), sugar, salt, pork meat protein, antioxidant E-331iii, preservatives (E-252, E-250), onion , garlic and oregano, coloring E-160C. Narrow bovine casing
- GLUTEN FREE product.
- taric code
- vacuum packed
- net weight
- 320 gr
- WITH GLUTEN
- GLUTEN FREE