Buy Dried Apricots at the best price
Dried apricots are a dried or dehydrated fruit, in this case, a dehydrated apricot that, in addition to being delicious, has very good properties and benefits.
Dried apricots are eaten throughout the year, although they become more important in the Advent season, especially at Christmas. They are part of the Christmas assortments that bring together family and friends, and thanks to Gastronomic Spain you can enjoy them from anywhere in Europe.
What are Dried Apricots?
The apricot is a very popular type of fruit in Spain. This fresh fruit and when ripe, goes through a dehydration process and, in this way, dried apricots are made.
Apricot dried apricots, also known as dehydrated apricot, is a sweet rich in protein and very beneficial for our health.
They are characterized by being small pieces, sweet and slightly acidic. They can be part of any recipe, whether salty or sweet, and they are also one of the most typical Christmas sweets during these dates.
Properties of dried apricots
Dried apricots are characterized by having various properties and benefits to be highlighted, which is why the Spanish Nutrition Federation recommends their consumption.
- They relieve constipation: being a fruit rich in fiber, they can prevent constipation and facilitate intestinal transit if taken in moderation.
- Fight anemia: dried apricots help supply iron.
- Source of energy: it has a high content of carbohydrates, which is why it is considered an energetic and healthy sweet.
- Take care of vision: take care of and protect our eye health as it contains vitamin A.
How to make the dried apricots:
The preparation of apricot apricots can be done in two different ways: sun-dried or oven-dried. We are going to see each of them in detail:
It is a process that lasts between 6 and 8 days. It is also advisable to carry it out in dry weather since humidity does not favor drying.
The apricots are spread out on a tray covered by film or greaseproof paper, and leave it in direct sunlight for as long as possible.
Prepare the apricots on a tray (as before). To evaporate the water from the fruit, it will be placed in the oven at a temperature no higher than 90º.
We will identify that the apricot apricots are done when we notice that they have tanned but are still soft to the touch.
Buy dried apricots online and enjoy FREE shipping
Dried apricots are a classic of Spanish gastronomy, especially at Christmas time. You can buy them at Gastronomic Spain, just like any other Spanish sweet with FREE shipping anywhere in Europe.
And if you are looking for another type of Spanish food that is difficult to find in European supermarkets, you can consult our extensive catalog with thousands of products.
* From Gastronomic Spain we recommend keeping in a cool and dry place, protected from sun exposure. Once opened, keep the product in an airtight container and consume preferably within 7 days.
250 gr. net weight
Packaging in protective atmosphere
- 250 gr.
- Apricot and preservative (E-220)
- Of the products covered by the EU regulation 1169/2011 it does not contain any.