Aged Sheep Cheese
Aged Sheep Cheese at a good price
Aged Sheep Cheese is a high quality cheese made from raw sheep’s milk and it is matured for a minimum of 8 months. It is characterised by its pronounced but balanced and pleasant flavour. It is perfect for lovers of intense cheese and ideal to enjoy at any time of the day.
If you want a good Spanish-style appetizer, aged sheep’s cheese is a must on your table.
Aged Sheep Cheese: what it is and its characteristics
Aged sheep’s cheese is an excellent and traditional Spanish cheese that you can find at Gastronomic Spain.
This cheese is made from raw sheep’s milk, i.e. this milk has not undergone any pasteurisation process and, therefore, will offer a more intense and pleasant flavour.
As it is an aged cheese the curing time is longer compared to semi-cured or cured cheeses. In this case, aged sheep’s cheese is cured for a minimum of 8 months. Undoubtedly, it is an excellent option to surprise your friends with a good appetizer or a Spanish cheese board.
Our aged sheep’s cheese comes in a wedge of approximately 250g., it is vacuum-packed and it is produced by Quesos Albéniz. It is a cheese with excellent qualities and at an unbeatable price.
Aged Sheep Cheese Ingredients
Raw sheep’s milk, salt, rennet, lactic ferments (milk) and preservatives: E-252 and E-1105 (egg derivative).
It is recommended not to eat the rind: preservatives (E-235 and E-202) and colouring (E-172).
Origin of the milk: Spain.
How to preserve Aged Sheep Cheese
Like most cheeses, our Quesos Albéniz aged sheep’s cheese must be preserved with special care.
- It is recommended to keep the cheese in the fridge so that it is preserved in the best way and does not lose its characteristic fat in the heat. Between 2ºC and 8ºC.
- Inside the fridge, it is also recommended to keep it in the lower parts.
- It is important to follow these tips so that aged cheese maintains all its sensory characteristics.
- Once opened, it is recommended to be consumed within 4 days.
- When consuming it, the best option is to leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Are you interested in buying Aged Sheep Cheese?
If you live abroad and are interested in buying aged sheep’s cheese, Gastronomic Spain is your ideal Spanish food shop.
The largest variety of Spanish cheeses, as well as many more typical snacks of our gastronomy are waiting for you from any city in Europe, and with FREE shipping!
At Gastronomic Spain we love to make people happy and our packages are full of happiness, we will deliver them to your door and all you have to do is enjoy them. Forget about supermarket queues and get back to savouring authentic Spanish food.
*Shipped in an isothermal container.
250 gr. net weight (approx.)
- 250 gr
- raw sheep milk, salt, calcium chloride, lysozyme, rennet, lactic ferments
- contains lactose, eggs and/or derivates
- taric code
- vacuum packed
- net weight
- WITH GLUTEN
- GLUTEN FREE