Sweet Flatbreads from Alcazar
Sweet Flatbreads from Alcazar Online
A popular sweet original from Alcazar de San Juan. The sweet flatbreads from Alcazar is the result of the combination of wheat flour and sugar, subsequently baked. Undoubtedly, a great Castilian dessert perfect as a snark or to drink with coffee.
The sweet flatbreads from Alcazar are handmade, with great care and love. These sweet flat round biscuits are very versatile and can become the perfect sweet treat at any time of the day.
Buy sweet flatbreads from Alcazar online at Gastronomic Spain, the online Spanish food store with shipping all over Europe.
What are the sweet flatbreads from Alcazar?
The sweet flatbreads from Alcazar are very popular as a sweet in Spain, especially in Castilla since they come from the town of Alcazar de San Juan, located in the province of Ciudad Real.
The sweet flatbreads from Alcazar are handmade, according to the tradition, and with a lot of love. The sweet and rich round tortas are very versatile as they combine perfectly with coffee or even as a snack. Perfect at any time of the day!
Among its characteristics, the sweet flatbreads from Alcazar stand out for being flat and round biscuits with a great history, dating back to the 16th century in an Alcazar convent. Since then, they continue to use the traditional and artisan recipe, applying centuries-old knowledge to obtain a top-quality product.
Undoubtedly, the sweet flatbreads from Alcazar are a very humble dessert but at the same time they are delicious, with its spongy texture and its powdered sugar on top.
Sweet flatbreads from Alcazar ingredients
Wheat flour, sugar, fresh eggs, humectants (sorbitol), raising agents (sodium bicarbonate, sodium acid pyrophosphate). Preservative (E-281 and E-202), salt and aromas.
Sweet Flatbreads recipe
1. Lemons are grated and the zest is kept.
2. Separate the whites from the yolks and mix with the zest. We add a pinch of cinnamon.
3. The egg whites are mounted with a touch of salt. Once foamy, add sugar by spoonfuls until you obtain a soft meringue.
4. Mix the yolks with the meringue
5. Sift the flour over the eggs and mix again with enveloping movements.
6. This dough is introduced into a pastry bag to later draw each cake on the tray (covered in paper and buttered).
7. Once the forms are made, sprinkle with sugar on top.
8. Put it in the oven (160ºC convection / 180ºC solera) for around 10 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown. They will cook so easy.
9. Finally, sprinkle sugar on top again and that’s all.
Sweet flatbreads from Alcazar come from Productos Santdul
Productos Santdul comes from a family business created in 1925. Pastries and bakeries were made and nowadays, they maintain the philosophy of working with the best quality and in an artisanal way.
Among its products, the sweet flatbreads from Alcazar dazzle the crowd, made with the best raw materials.
250gr. net weight
- 250 gr.
- Wheat flour, sugar, fresh eggs, humectants (sorbitol), raising agents (sodium bicarbonate, sodium acid pyrophosphate). Preservative: (E-281 and E-202), salt and aromas.
- Contains gluten, eggs and/or derivatives
- vacuum packed
- net weight
- VEGETARIAN PRODUCT
- No name mark